Legendary Retina was the brand-name of a long-running series of German-built Kodak 35mm cameras, produced from 1934 until 1969. Kodak Retina cameras were manufactured in Stuttgart-Wangen by the Kodak AG Dr. Nagel Werk which Kodak had acquired in December 1931.
This KODAK Retina IIIc camera is the culmination of the Kodak folded rangefinder cameras. Rangefinder, coupled cell, fast cocking by means of a lever (under the body), everything is there to meet the requirements of professional photographers during the 55' - 60' years.
It is the model with a lens/shutter assembly with interchangeable front element of the lens. There are only three interchangeable lenses for Retina IIIc: Famous Schneider-Kreuznach 35 mm, 50 mm and 80 mm, and we are offering all of them with filters, hoods and other accessories in this lot!
Compared to the earlier models (1951 Ia & IIa), Retina IIIc was a complete redesign - the extending lens assembly now slides forward on the body and is thus much more rigid than earlier models. The front opening "door" no longer plays any supporting role and merely moves the lens assembly in or out. The film advance lever was moved to the base of the camera.
The IIIc differed from the cheaper models mainly in the addition of an f/2 Xenon lens in place of the f/2.8 found on the previous RETINA models, plus an uncoupled light meter.
Genuine leather case, the camera and lenses are in exceptionally good condition. This set comes from an estate of quite popular photographer from Washington DC, not from somebody's attic. It was maintained very carefully and there are no any major defects, rust, scratches or dents. This is a real gem for serious collectors and it is in full working condition.
Here is the technical specs of this Kodak Retina IIIc camera:
== Type 021 Model I Retina IIIc ==
• Lens: f/2 50mm Xenon or f/2.0 50mm Heligon (6-element)
• Aperture range: f/2 to f/22 ( 4-element Tessar-type design )
• Shutter: Synchro-Compur (Light Value) 1 sec - 1/500
• Wind lever located on camera base, with double exposure prevention
• Self Timer - X & M flash synchronisation
• Viewfinder: Bright line + parallax correction marks
• Interchangeable front component (bayonet)
• Alternative lenses: f/4 80mm, f/4 35mm
• Separate multiple finder available
• Uncoupled exposure meter reading in Light Values (LV) with incident light cover
• Coupled rangefinder - diamond shape
• Dimensions: width - 122mm; height - 85mm; depth - 90mm (open), 47mm (closed)
The set comes with:
- Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Xenon C F2/50mm
- Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Longar-Xenon C F4/80mm
- Schneider-Kreuznach Retina-Curtar-Xenon C F4/50mm
- B+W UV Filter
- 29.5 mm Yellow 3x Filter
- HCE S1 608 Sky Filter
- Kodak 29.5mm Rubber Hood for Retina-Xenon F2/50mm Lens
- Kodak Plastic Lens Hood for Longar-Xenon and Curtar-Xenon Lenses
Camera has Genuine Leather Hard case.
Everything in this lot was Made in Germany
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We are able to ship some of our items internationally, please contact us with your complete shipping address prior to place an orders. Buyers will be responsible for all and any taxes, duties and/or any other fees imposed by your government.
Usually it is 3-5 days within continental US.
FREE SHIPPING DOES NOT COVER EXPRESS SHIPPING. If you would like to receive your order overnight or within 1-2 business days, please CONTACT US BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER and We will calculate shipping charges for expedited shipping.