Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T* Lens for Sony E Mount
Light, unassuming and reserved. The moderate wide angle and the creative possibilities of manual focus make the ZEISS Loxia 2/35 a perfect storyteller. The Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 Biogon T Lens for Sony E Mount offers an extended field of view. This makes it the first choice for showing a subject in their environment or establishing connections between people. Like in reportage or street photography, for example. That's what makes it the most important focal length for the genre in compact 35mm cameras. At the same time, the small size and weight of this camera system allows for a great deal of independence and discretion when it comes to photographing your subjects. And precise, manual focus gives you all the creative possibilities you need to tell the story in your own personal way. ZEISS Loxia lenses were specifically designed for Sony 7 cameras. This means that they can make the most of the mirrorless, full frame system, while giving you all the creative possibilities of 'classic' photography with manual focus at the same time. And that's not all: ZEISS Loxia lenses also provide everything you need to shoot high quality video, such as the unique DeClick feature for smooth adjustment of the aperture, for example.A lens with an angle of view so wide that it can capture very much of the life around us in a single frame - this is what the name Biogon originally means. A focal length, produced with an almost symmetric lens design of surprising compactness, featuring the typical advantages of symmetrical lens designs: distortion is extremely well controlled, and so is color correction and image field flatness. One completely new feature of the Loxia lens is that you can 'declick' the aperture's locking mechanism using a tool (supplied) and an adjustment screw on the bayonet surface. This means that for video applications, you can smoothly eliminate any unwanted differences in brightness as you pan the camera. This feature can also be used with other video systems
• DECLICK FEATURE: One super convenient feature of the Loxia lens is that you can "declick" the aperture's locking mechanism using a tool (supplied) and an adjustment screw on the bayonet surface. This means that for video applications, you can smoothly eliminate any unwanted differences in brightness as you pan the camera. This feature can also be used with other video systems whose size makes them suitable for adaption.
• IMMENSELY COMPATIBLE: The ZEISS Loxia lenses are suitable for use with the mirrorless Sony Alpha cameras with E-mount and were optimized for sensors up to full 35 mm format (24 x 36 mm). With the ZEISS Loxia lenses, the aperture is controlled manually. This allowed the integration of the so-called DeClick feature of the mechanical aperture ring. The cameras feature the corresponding automatic exposure control (A) and manual exposure control (M).
• VIRTUALLY DISTORTION-FREE OPTICS: Dramatic perspectives and a view from extraordinary image angles - ZEISS lenses open up new composition possibilities. Distortion would disrupt the composition because straight lines, whose image does not go through the image center, would be reproduced with a curved shape. This annoying effect is accordingly and largely compensated through elaborate optical designs at all focal lengths.
• PRECISE MANUAL FOCUS: Manually focusing a lens means controlling the image result from your fingertips. A good ergonomic design makes all the difference. ZEISS lenses stand out with their large rotation angle which enables precise focusing. Changes are immediately visible in the viewfinder. The high-quality focusing mechanism moves smoothly without play, thus also supporting the intuitive interaction with the focal plane. The precise engraving in meter and feet, and the depth of focus scale provide additional support for manually focusing.
• Camera focusing aid is automatically activated when lens focus is changed.
If you'd like to receive the item overnight or within 1-2 business days please contact me prior to placing an order and I'll calculate the shipping cost for expedited delivery.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING INFORMATION
If you are living outside of the US and wish to purchase this item, please contact me first and tell me where you live so I can tell you how much it is going to cost to ship to your country
1-3 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We are able to ship some of our items internationally, please contact us with your complete shipping address prior to place an orders. Buyers will be responsible for all and any taxes, duties and/or any other fees imposed by your government.
Usually it is 3-5 days within continental US.
FREE SHIPPING DOES NOT COVER EXPRESS SHIPPING. If you would like to receive your order overnight or within 1-2 business days, please CONTACT US BEFORE PLACING AN ORDER and We will calculate shipping charges for expedited shipping.